Frank Warmerdam, B.Math
225 Pamela Drive, #212
Mountain View, CA, 94040
Phone: (650) 701-7823
To improve geospatial data interoperability within the Geospatial industry.
B.Math - Honours Computer Science (Coop), 1991
University of Waterloo,
- July 2011 - present: GIS Data Engineer,
Google, Mountain View, CA
- Nov 1998 - Jun 2011: Independent Software Developer
- Global Geomatics: Shape,
GeoTIFF, MrSID, and GXF OGDI drivers
- Geosoft: GeoTIFF, Shape,
Arc/Info Binary Grid
- Safe Software:
ISO 8211/SDTS Reader,
S-57 Reader, NTF Reader, TIGER/Line reader, Raster readers
- Atlantis Scientific/Vexcel:
- Geospatial data access and translation projects too numerous to list for clients including
UN FAO and
- Jan 98 - Nov 98: Senior Software Engineer,
PCI, Richmond Hill, ON
- development lead, and architect for Project One (later named Geomatica)
- Feb 96 - Jan 98: Manager of R&D, PCI, Richmond Hill, ON
- management of the 20 person PCI Richmond Hill development team
- develop R&D development plans in combination with the Product
- chair the Inter Company Technical Committee, to manage, and coordinate
inter company development efforts in the PCI Group and with PCI Technology
- May 91 - Feb 96: Senior Software Engineer, PCI, Richmond Hill, ON
- development of Works architecture (ImageWorks, GCPWorks)
- development of
- 1988-1990: Software Engineer, Advanced Scientific Computing,
- responsible for the development of a 3D fluid flow visualization
- (2006): Elected to the board of directors of OSGeo, and named President.
- (2005): Won the Sol Katz Award for contributions to Geospatial and Open Source Software.
- (2000-): Co-maintainer of
- (2000): Member of OpenGIS
Coordinate Transforms Specification Revision Working Group.
- (1999-): Maintainer of
PROJ.4 projections library.
- (1998-): Maintainer of libgeotiff, and the
- (1998-): Development of
GDAL (Geospatial Data
Abstraction Library), a architecture for high performance raster translators.
- (1992) initial architecture and implementation of GeoGateway (then GDB),
a format abstraction API for raster, and vector geospatial data